We are seeking a highly organized and efficient Administrative Assistant to join our team in an Italian speaking environment.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a small yet dynamic and culturally rich atmosphere, please submit your resumé and cover letter.
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Job description: Italian/English Administrative assistant
Type of position: part-time 5 days a week
You will work in a friendly and supportive work team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support to our school managers, teachers, and students. You will manage the front desk and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the school, ensuring the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office.
- Manage the front desk and provide general support to visitors and prospective students, share information on courses and course policies via email and phone.
- Write and distribute email, letters, and forms.
- General office and classroom management, including monitoring product supplies, managing petty cash.
- Records management, indexing, archiving, retrieving, and data entry (contact lists, registrations, payments, book collections, etc.)
- Assist in preparing content for social media accounts and promoting our courses through campaigns.
- Assist in event planning and execution.
- Manage our library and video library open for our students and members.
- Ability to connect/communicate with the Italian consulate, the Italian embassy, the IIC and other Italian bodies and institutions in the area
- Requirements and skills:
- South African citizenship or permanent residence permit.
- Excellent English (written and oral) and good Italian language competence (written and oral).
- Intercultural awareness.
- Excellent communication skills including strong writing skills and telephone, email, and office etiquette.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Time management and multitasking skills.
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel), Google sheets, Google forms, Google drive.
- Knowledge of Zoom, WordPress, Canva, Mailchimp, Facebook Business Suite, experience with social media is all a plus.
Società Dante Alighieri Cape Town is a registered NPO where we promote Italian culture and language both through courses and cultural events. At La Dante CT we are constantly striving to improve our services by offering a better support to our students and teachers, and at the same time we place great value on team cohesion, inclusiveness, and the fruitful exchange of ideas.
Note: we will contact you only if we feel you are the right fit for this position.